Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Alaska Horse Property!

I just listed a BEAUTIFUL horse property in the Goldstream Valley for all of you out there wanting to jump on the Alaskan hobby farm band wagon! The listing is so new that I don't even ahve pictures uploaded or a MLS listing available yet, so I will update tomorrow. But for anyone who wants a sneak peek, this posting is your chance. The home is very large, well laid out, and was purchased by the current owners in 1974 right after it was built. They have done a tremendous job taking care of the home, and have lovingly maintained the full five acres of land. They have a functional and attractive barn, horse fencing, and a lovely pasture. One of the things I have always loved the most about farm houses is how the kitchen window is often situated so that it overlooks the pastures. I imagine this began as a practical layout element - it makes sense to have a view of your animals from your most used living space. But this is a wonderful example of form and function working beautifully together - nothing is better than that first cup of coffee in the morning gazing out at a green field. Or a snowy one for that matter. And beyond the pasture at this property is a striking view of the surrounding hills.
     I love it when I list properties I am excited about, and this is definitely one of them. Experienced Alaskans recognize the value of many of this home's features: established pasture and plantings, a good well, a well maintained home, Vermont Castings woodstove, and a perfect location!

No comments:

Post a Comment